For use of these services, the parties agree as follows:
- INTRODUCTION: Thank you for utilizing iFolio LLC services. These terms and conditions of use apply to access and use of iFOLIO® platform and services and Portfolio Vantage site and services. iFolio LLC reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms or conditions by providing notice that the site terms have been modified. By utilizing iFolio’s sites or services, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of service.
- DEFINITIONS: Throughout this document we will use certain terms that are defined here:
“Agreement” refers to these Terms and Conditions of Service
“iFolio” refers to our company, iFolio LLC
“iFOLIO®” or “iFOLIO” refers to the digital portfolio that our solution helps you build.
“User” refers to anyone who uses iFolio’s site or services to prepare an iFOLIO profile or digital portfolio.
“Licensee” refers to any organization that licenses iFOLIO platform for their affiliated users.
- ELIGIBILITY: In order to use iFolio service(s) you must meet certain conditions including:
You must be the minimum age to enter into a contract, in the U.S. at least 18 years or be represented by a guardian/parent.
If you represent a student that is under the age of 18, you must hereby agree that both you and that person shall be bound by this Agreement and be held jointly and severally liable for any breaches hereof.
- LIMITED LICENSE: By entering into a contract for service(s) with iFolio, User is granted a limited non-redistributable license for use of the site services.
- COPYRIGHT: All content that we have produced is covered by our copyright including content on our site, our digital portfolio templates and tools, in our code, in materials we provide, and our tips and examples. User agrees to treat all content, layouts, templates, insights, examples, analytics, code, pricing, and trademarks as confidential and proprietary information and shall not disclose to any third party. User agrees not to copy, display, distribute, reproduce, and of the information on our Site without receiving our prior written permission.
- TRADEMARKS: The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on iFolios site or in the iFOLIO product or on content available through the web site are our registered and unregistered Trademarks and may not be used without express permission or in connection with products and/or services that are not related to, associated with, or sponsored by their rights holders or that are likely to cause customer confusion or in any manner that disparages or discredits their rights holders. “iFolio®” and “iFOLIO®” “Get the Digital Edge™” and our logo are trademarked. User agrees not to use these Trademarks or our site look and feel anywhere else without iFolio’s prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our web platform or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph, including starting your own competing business.
- PROHIBITED USE: As a condition of using iFolio service(s) you must not:
Use iFolio site or services to send pornographic material or content that is threatening, violent, hateful, or objectionable according to iFolio opinion Use iFolio site or services in violation of any United States law, or laws of its states, or of foreign jurisdictions having authority over this agreement. Infringe on anyone else’s rights, including any action or content considered defamatory, disrespectful, or plagiarism. Hack phish or in any way compromise the integrity of the iFolio service or site. Use scraping tools or tools that collect or aggregate data. Attempt to redistribute or reverse engineer the iFolio site, service, or content therein.
- RULES OF USE: As a condition of using iFolio service(s) you affirm:
Everything you post is true and original and you have authorization to post it. You have permissions to use any images, likeness, or testimonial in your iFOLIO profile You understand that there is a “Start Over” button, which clears the content of an iFOLIO and allows you to start over. Warning, any previous recipients of this link will not be able to view that same link once changed. User, if your account is associated with an organization, meaning they provided you a code to access the services, that organization may have access to view your profile for the express reason of helping to find more college, sports, & career opportunities for you. Licensee, although you have access to view this information, you do not have access or permission to share it. You must get permission from User to use their information or share their information.
- TERMINATION OF SERVICE: iFolio may choose to revoke our permission for User’s use of iFolio’s site or services at any time. User agrees that if requested, you must immediately comply to eliminate or remove use of iFolio’s site or any use of our intellectual property. User may decide to terminate use of iFolio’s site or service(s) at any time and can do so through notification via: email@example.com
- SERVICE DISCLAIMERS: NO GUARANTEE. It is agreed that iFolio has made no guarantees regarding:
Uptime/Downtime – Although it is our goal to never have an interruption of service (and we have architected the solution to try to achieve this) you agree and understand that we may experience outages or downtime. You agree to hold us harmless from any consequences that may result from such.
From time to time we may need to perform routine maintenance. In such cases we plan to do this during non-peak hours. You agree to hold us harmless from any consequences that result from maintenance.
Licensee, although you have access to view this information, you do not have access or permission to share it. You must get permission from User to use their information or share their information.
- WARRANTIES & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: iFolio services and site is offered “As Is” and with “All Faults”. iFolio makes no warranties regarding the fitness of our site and service and specifically denies any implied warranties. User agrees to release iFolio from any liability we may have to you or arising from this agreement or from use of our services, including but not limited to failure of our service, negligence, and any other tort. You agree that iFolio is not liable for any damages, infringement, defamation, or tortious interference caused by third parties that may provide services through our site or services.
- INDEMNITY: User agrees to indemnify and hold iFolio harmless for any claims pertaining to the service, use of site, or this agreement, that are brought by User or Third Parties in relation to User’s use of iFolio’s service or site. If any such claims arise, User agrees you have a duty to defend iFolio and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) should such a claim arise pertaining to your use of iFolio’s service or site. User agrees that iFolio will not be liable for any losses related to actions of other Users
- LIQUIDATED DAMAGES: You agree that if for any reason you choose to sue iFOLIO, the most money you will be able to recover is equal to the money you have paid.
- DATA PRIVACY: No one is authorized to share your iFOLIO profile without your permission. The way you share your iFOLIO is through sharing your iFOLIO link – and you may choose to password protect this. Users who received the iFOLIO service through an organization understand that their profiles and aggregate data may be viewed by that organization.
User is responsible for your own password.
User is responsible for how you distribute your iFOLIO link. It is not up to iFolio to restrict that link
User is responsible if you share this link and that person forwards it to someone else, that is out of our control. It is up to you to password protect or unpublish that content if you believe the link may have been misappropriated or shared without your permission.
User affirms that everything you post is true and original and you have authorization to post it.
User affirms you have permissions from any person in images to use their name, likeness, or testimonial in your iFOLIO.
Users expressly opts-in to using the iFOLIO service and tools and understands that iFolio collects information that helps us maintain the service and uptime. Licensees: You are expressly forbidden to distribute user’s profiles without their express permission.
Licensees: You agree that iFolio is not responsible for anything you do with your user’s data
- UPDATES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: iFolio may update or amend the Terms and Conditions of Service from time to time and will notify users of these updates and require acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.