Digital Portfolio | College Prep Program
Get a Digital Edge
Georgia Institute of Technology
Join us! Learn how a digital portfolio can help your college application stand out. Build a targeted digital portfolio with photos, videos, and media and insights from college scholarship experts.
The program includes a workshop building digital portfolios, insights about standing out, sessions with college admissions, and a student showcase of their digital portfolios for a panel of business leaders.
2018 dates and registration opens November 1st, 2017!
Georgia Tech 2018 Summer Programs
DATES & REGISTRATION
Register NOW via this site. Students ages 13-18. All Boot Camps are day programs from 9AM to 3PM each day.
Contact: GT Camp Program Coordinator: Kelly.Carriere@ifoliocorp.com iFOLIO Phone: 470-223-4818
Jean Marie Richardson is the president and chief executive officer of iFOLIO, a digital portfolio platform designed to give students a digital edge for college, sports, and their career. Richardson’s background includes Fortune 500 firms Oracle Corporation, Microsoft, and MasterCard, and 9 years helping select college scholarship recipients at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Richardson currently serves on the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business Advisory Board, the Georgia Tech/ Emory University TI:GER Graduate Program Advisory Board, the Metro Atlanta Innovation Advisory Group, and the Dean’s Scholarship Council. She enjoys guest lecturing on technology innovation for Georgia Tech’s MBA program and has been a featured speaker at national conferences. Jean Marie Richardson graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology, cum laude, and a President’s Scholar, with 7 other merit-based scholarships.
iFOLIO instructors will assist students in designing cutting-edge digital portfolios to highlight their background and experience with photos, images, videos, and the iFOLIO digital portfolio solution.
Guest speakers will lecture from Georgia Institute of Technology and from innovation hubs at Tech Square.
Experts from Georgia Institute of Technology Undergraduate Admissions Team will provide a presentation and information session for the students.
What Students Say:
“The Digital Portfolio Immersive was very informational and I’m very glad I attended it. The one-on-one was very informational and helped a lot pointing out things I hadn’t even thought about. A digital portfolio is a great way to market myself and will be a pertinent tool in my education and career going forward.”
– Janani, High School student
“The program was absolutely terrific! Thanks so much. It was a great opportunity”
– Robert, High School student
“I enjoyed talking ono-on-one with the iFolio team. They helped me personalize my iFolio page with pictures. The team also showed me what to highlight in my resume.”
– Alden, High School Student
“Great help and advice! [A digital portfolio] will give law schools a better look into who I really am.”
– Erin, Georgia Tech College of Science student
“This was wonderful! Thank you! I have been meaning to create a digital portfolio for a while, and this gave me the jumpstart and assistance I needed to get started!”
– Anagha, Georgia Tech College of Science student & President’s Scholar
“This program is very helpful to current high school students and college students. By facilitating this program, many students have easier access to a great future.”
– Manshi, High School student
“Great program! Wonderful feedback! Can help me with the long-term.”
– Manshi, High School Student
“The most interesting parts were learning how to present my materials in an interesting way. This portfolio is more interesting than a basic word doc.”
– Robert, High School Student
“The digital portfolio was a new concept to me. I really appreciate the digital portfolio immersive program organized by iFOLIO & I really thank the sponsors. A digital portfolio will help me add items that I cannot in my one-page resume.”
– Dinesh, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business student
What Parents Say
“iFOLIO offers the ‘Wow Factor’ and highlights all of my daughter’s unique talents, gifts and accomplishments in a systematic way for colleges to get a personal, yet holistic view of her in addition to grades and test scores. Great tool; well worth the investment.”
-Valerie Davies- North Carolina mother of July 2017 participant
“iFOLIO gave my rising Junior clarity and direction in the daunting college prep journey. iFOLIO provides a framework for students to target their activities and experiences around the specific criteria important to college admissions counselors. It is helping my son develop his personal ‘brand’ to distinguish himself in an impersonal digital age, while illustrating his inner passions and personal values in addition to his academic achievements. iFOLIO enables college admissions counselors, who may be reviewing 200-300 applications a day, to have a ‘personal interview’ with the iFOLIO student.”
– Ilene Patrick, parent of rising Junior at an Atlanta college preparatory school
ABOUT DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS AND COLLEGE APPLICATIONS
“Applying for college is not what it used to be. It is insanely more competitive these days…” – Berkeley Parents Network message board post
Getting accepted to your dream college is increasingly competitive. Experts are calling students to utilize digital portfolios to demonstrate their leadership and experience.
- 20 Million students applying to between 8 – 30 U.S. colleges annually according to the NEA.
- College admissions is now digital. Over 700 U.S. colleges and universities and all the “Top 100” use digital college application systems.
- In a digitized world, a growing number of schools and universities are encouraging students to create digital portfolios, according to ‘Educator World’ and http://gettingsmart.com
A Student can stand out for college, internships, and jobs by bringing their story to life visually with a digital portfolio
- iFOLIO is a digital portfolio designed to illustrate elements college admissions reviews
- iFOLIO brings an application to life for Admissions with photos, videos, and images
Students can continue to update their iFOLIO and add the iFOLIO link to their college application
How does a Digital Portfolio give you an edge?
Highlight your experience visually
Show your depth, commitment, and impact with photos, videos, and images
Get tips and examples to build your best iFOLIO
Stand out to reviewers and maximize opportunities for college, fellowships, and internships!
- Full payment is due upon registration of the student
- Slots cannot be held without payment
- Payment is accepted online via PayPal or Credit Card via the registration link
For questions, please contact: GT Camp Program Coordinator: Kelly.Carriere@ifoliocorp.com or call iFOLIO: 470-223-4818
- For cancellations received 30 days prior to the session date, a refund for the program fee minus a $100 admin fee will be issued.
- For cancellations received 15 days prior to the session date, a 50% refund for the program fee minus a $100 admin fee will be issued.
- For cancellations received after 15 days prior to the session date, no refunds will be issued, unless a doctor’s note can be provided to demonstrate a family emergency.
- The Program Coordinator will meet students at the front of Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business for drop off between 8:30 AM-9:00 AM and for pickup from 5:00 PM-5:30 PM
- The Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business is located at 800 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Parking is available in the Georgia Tech hotel parking deck at 700 Spring Street. It is not free, but it is the best parking available. You can pay with a card as you leave
Students should wear smart casual attire. They will receive an email prior to camp with notice of the day they will have their head shot.